Thursday, September 24, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Redwood Stand Heroic

Finally we get back to a somewhat challenging map.  This map isn't too terrible, though.  The only real challenges are taking down the hyenas in wave 2 when your hero doesn't have a ranged attack and just having enough DPS and cooldowns for when the swarms get thick.

Impressions

Everyone did pretty well here and only Razz and Rags gets a C.  I may have had bad RNG or just didn't play him very well - I'm still mastering the proper use of his hero spell, which is tricky to use really well.

At first I was going to give every non-ranged hero a B at most just because it makes the wave 2 hyenas really tricky, but I gave Durax an A anyways because he was just so awesome with everything else on the map.  He's quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes.

I really wanted to give Lynn an A as well, but for as amazing as she did, it wasn't quite as good as Durax, and the hyenas were difficult, so we'll call it a B+ (but I'm not going to get into pluses and minuses in general).  I really like Lynn for reasons I can't quite explain.  She's very confusing as a hero - when I look at her on paper it seems like she should be a lower to mid-tier hero at best, but her actual performance keeps surprising me, and she sliced up this map without any problem (hyenas aside).

Lilith was another pleasant surprise.  I've been skittish about her ever since I had to hand out that C way back when, but she chewed up this map pretty easily.  The only issue I have with her is she requires a lot of micromanagement.  You have to be selective with her targets to get the most out of Reaper's Harvest and Soul Eater.  In addition, she has survivability issues.  Even though she has medium armor, her health seems to go down quicker than it should, and unlike other ranged heroes she cannot regenerate health while using her ranged attack, so you have to retreat her far behind your blockers if you need her to heal.  Still, I'm reconsidering how good a hero I think she is.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - B
  • Prince Denas - B
  • Razz and Rags - C
  • Bravebark - B
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - B
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - A
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Wilbur, of course.  As awesome as some of the other heroes did, Wilbur shows what it truly means to trivialize a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...