Thursday, July 25, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Veteran Walkthrough and Achievements

So I'm thrilled to finally get to tell you that I received an early access copy of Kingdom Rush Alliance.  Now Ironhide has reached out to me a couple of times in the past, which I'm grateful for, but I hadn't heard anything personal in regards to Alliance in the months leading up to it.  Nor was I particularly expecting to, seeing as I'm still only a <1,000 sub YouTube channel.  However, a couple of weeks ago a representative reached out to me and provided access to the Steam version of the game, so I'm over-the-moon happy to be able to provide day one content for it to you.

Let's get something out of the way first of all.  Technically the full name of the game is Kingdom Rush 5: Alliance.  None of the previous games have ever included the game number before.  Now I'm sure Ironhide did this because they wanted to emphasize that this is the newest Kingdom Rush, lest players new to the franchise get confused.  However, I hate how this breaks the name symmetry with previous games, so in this blog and on my video titles I will simply be calling it Kingdom Rush Alliance.

In the time since I received the early access copy I was able to get a complete walkthrough of the campaign done, which is always where we start with a new KR game.  As always, we do the walkthrough on Veteran mode.  You have to complete the campaign to unlock Impossible mode, and I believe you can technically do that on any difficulty, but that's not how we do things around here, so it's the hardest mode available for this walkthrough.

Not only that, but I was able to get all the map-specific achievements done as well - those achievements where you have to click on hidden objects on the map.  So I'm feeling great about being able to publish all this on release day, and I'm grateful to Ironhide for providing this opportunity.  I am planning an Impossible Hero Challenge of course, but I'm still figuring out exactly how I'm going to go about it now with the two hero system.  In the meantime I'd like to get back and finish all my Legends of Kingdom Rush content since I was so close with it, and then I'll work on starting the Challenge.

With all that said, here's the playlist for the walkthrough:

Kingdom Rush Alliance Veteran Walkthrough

And here's the playlist for the achievements:

Kingdom Rush Alliance Map-Specific Achievements

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...