Thursday, October 8, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Royal Gardens Heroic

At last we get somewhat of a challenge again.  This map is decently difficult, and it's also a bit hard to grade, as it is one of those maps that requires careful planning of Thunderbolt and hero spell usage.  Ultimately I only handed out one C, but some heroes with Bs just barely squeaked by with them.

The line between a B and a C here was hard to differentiate.  If it takes me two or three attempts to clear the map with a hero, does that mean they automatically deserve a C?  Or is it just that some heroes need practice to refine their strategy?  If a hero allows a major leak through my choke point that I have to scramble to clean up, does that automatically deserve a C?  Ultimately I decided to be lenient, on the assumption that once I nailed down how to use the hero effectively, future attempts would generally feel be B-like.

Impressions

There were some very pleasant surprises.  I dreaded doing this map with both Razz and Rags and Xin, but both surprised me by handling it very well, earning solid Bs.  Lynn continues to impress as well, showing that she can handle both single, powerful enemies as well as swarms of lesser ones.  But the biggest surprise was Lilith, who earns her first non-trivial A.

Catha earns the only C here, as again her special abilities simply do not make up for her pitiful DPS, which struggles to keep up with the constant stream of enemies.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - C
  • Reg'son - B
  • Prince Denas - B
  • Razz and Rags - B
  • Bravebark - A
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - B
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - A
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Wilbur again, who left my choke point idle for most of the map.  Honorable mentions go to Phoenix and Faustus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...