Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Grimmsburg Heroic

This is a decently challenging map, but not the kind I care for.  This is the kind of map that always has you back on your heels, feeling like you're just barely hanging on and like you're always one or two upgrades behind where you need to be to handle what's coming at you.  It does so by alternating hordes of enemies with the Bandersnatches, trying to make you use up your Thunderbolt and Hero Spell on one so you have nothing left for the other.  Not good for my blood pressure, honestly.

Impressions

I officially rescind every bad thought I've ever had about Xin.  There was one point where I had a bad misplay and I was pretty sure I was done for, but somehow he pulled it through, and with an A no less.  I still don't understand how he's as good as he is, but I'm not going to argue.

Reg'son also gets a welcome A, as Vindicator simply removes the threat of the Bandersnatches altogether, and he's otherwise great at dealing with the hordes of smaller enemies.

I must say I was very disappointed with Durax, Lynn, Bruce, and Lilith, only being able to give them Bs.  I thought they would shine more here, mowing down the hordes or taking down the Bandersnatches.  They weren't bad, of course, hence the Bs, but they just weren't great either.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - A
  • Prince Denas - B
  • Razz and Rags - B
  • Bravebark - A
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - A
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - B
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - B
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Reg'son gets a surprising Best Choice award for this map.  Don't look down on him despite him being an early-unlocking hero.  With Vindicator eliminating the Bandersnatches and an occasional Satyr Hoplite, and then Eldritch Heal making him virtually invulnerable when dealing with hordes, he has a powerful toolset to deal with maps like this.  Even towards the end when I was trying to use Vindicator to kill the last Bandersnatch, I accidentally clicked a Satyr Cutthroat who was in the way.  But it didn't matter - he just activated Eldritch Blade and went to town, tanking the Bandersnatch without problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...