Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Magincia Shores Campaign

We have yet again a map worthy of grades.  This map is very difficult on impossible - unfortunately not in a very fun way, but at least it's challenging.  It also marks the first time in this entire series that I haven't instantly called every single wave.  If it ever looks like I didn't instantly call the next wave in a previous video, it's only because I got distracted for a few seconds and missed that the notification had popped (probably I fell asleep :).

It took so long to get this map done because it took forever to get the right build strategy.  I started with a conventional kind of build, then ultimately ended up switching to an all Spectral Mausoleum build.  That was mostly working, until I got to Jun'pai.  For some reason, he just couldn't make it work.  I then figured out the right way to work some Melting Furnaces into the build order and that ended up being the strategy I went with for all the videos.

Impressions


I will say this about the map - the wave compositions are fiendishly designed to be extremely difficult for some heroes.  Melee heroes have a really tough time of it, and for Margosa in particular this is her nightmare scenario.  Most of the enemies are Anurian Chasers and Wardens, both of which have high armor, but they mix it up with the flying enemies whose name I can't be bothered to look up.  Margosa struggles to DPS the armored enemies and can't really contribute at all against the flying ones, so she earned a solid 'C' for this map.  Veruk, Tramin, and Jun'pai joined her for similar reasons, although they all at least have ways to help with the flying enemies.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - C
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - C
  • Mortemis - B
  • Tramin - C
  • Jigou - B
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - B
  • Jun'pai - C
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...