Monday, March 21, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Back to the Rotten Forest Iron

We get a second good iron mode in a row here, for which I'm grateful.  When I first saw it, I admit I rolled my eyes.  Spectral Mausoleum and Twilight Harassers, two of the most OP towers in the game?  Yeah, I'm going to faceroll this one.

But I was mistaken.  Despite having such powerful towers - and a free Swamp Thing as well! - the build here proved quite tricky.  And even once the build is mastered, some good micro is still required to stay on top of things.  I must say that Haunted Skeletons are one of the best designed enemies in the series.  Their HP and damage are honestly very low, but that ability to heal surrounding units on death makes a wave of these things always something to be wary of.  It doesn't take much for a chokepoint to get overwhelmed and things to go sideways with them.

Impressions

Mortemis and Oloch get their usual 'B' and 'C' respectively, as these elite mini-campaigns just have not been nice to magical DPS.  I also had to drop Veruk, Asra, and Jun'pai to 'B's just due to general DPS problems.  You need good DPS with the Haunted Skeleton waves to make sure you're killing one before the next one arrives at your blockers.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - C
  • Margosa - A
  • Mortemis - B
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - A
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - B
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...