Monday, August 1, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Dianyun

I've at last completed redoing every map in Vengeance with the new hero, Dianyun, so I thought I would do a post specifically on him since I didn't get to comment on him throughout the blog posts in this series and provide grades.

He is without a doubt a top-tier hero.  We'll just skip right to the point: I give him an 'A' on every map in the game, with the lone exception being The Ancient Ghosts Iron, for reasons which will be obvious to anyone who read that post.  All of Dianyun's attacks do magic damage, so he naturally struggles against the high magic resistance enemies there.  However, his terrific stalling abilities coupled with the extra gold he generates means that it was nowhere near as painful doing that map with him as it was with Mortemis and Oloch.  So I give him a 'B' for it, since it only took me a couple of tries before I managed to beat it.

I don't want to go into too much detail on him as I want to save it for the final report card, which will be coming next, but his abilities are perfectly designed for this game.  His ability to attack up to four units at once and stun them momentarily when doing so already makes for a great basic attack in a game where most of the threats are being overwhelmed by numbers rather than single, large enemies.  Supreme Wave is incredible ability, and Divine Rain will keep a chokepoint going under pressure, so all in all he supports a playstyle of slowing the enemy way down, giving your towers plenty of time to finish them all off.  His hero spell, Son of the Storm, takes care of his one weakness - dealing with large threats.  Simply load up a spot on the map with two or three of them and they'll take down Frost Giants and Bone Carriers with ease.

So I've said he's top-tier, so where does that put him in the overall rankings?  Well, we'll just have to wait for the final report card to see for sure, but expect to see him near the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...