Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Lost Passage Heroic

Soooo....I'm an idiot.  Now to those who know me this is not a revelation.  However, I have to confess to you, my readers, that I've been making a huge mistake throughout this entire Impossible Hero Challenge.

Now if you've been with me through this Vengeance challenge you know that one of my rules is that I only use the free-on-mobile towers.  Besides this challenge being a means of ranking the heroes, I also intend my videos to serve as walkthrough guides for the various levels.  To that end, I want them to be applicable as possible, so even though I'm on the Steam version, I only use the "free" towers so that my videos will still be of value to those who play on mobile but don't want to spend money on the game.  Besides, there's such a huge power discrepancy between the free and premium towers, pretty much every map would be all 'A's for every hero if I allowed myself to use Blazing Gems and Swamp Things.

However, up until a couple of days ago, I was under the mistaken impression that Elite Harassers were a premium tower.  If you've ever wondered why I've gone through this entire challenge and never used them once, even though they're possibly the best barracks tower in the game, there's your answer.  I'm not quite sure how I got it in my head that this was the case.  Probably the first time I got to use them in some iron mode I realized how powerful they are and just assumed they must be premium.  And they do fall at the end of the row of free towers where the premium towers start, so that probably contributed as well.  For that matter I also thought Orc Shamans were premium as well, but I don't feel nearly as bad about this mistake.

So yes, I've been unnecessarily hamstringing myself throughout this entire challenge by not using them.  But no more!  Now that I've realized my error, we put them to use in this map, which is good, because Orc Warriors Dens just don't quite get the job done.

This map is a lot easier than campaign mode.  The pterodactyls aren't nearly as challenging as they were there, and the Harassers help with them with their ranged attack.  As for the rest, Possession spam takes care of the Stonebeard Geomancers and the Prehistoric Dwarves, so all in all it's a lot more straightforward.

Impressions

Not a lot to say about this one.  It's challenging enough to deserve grades but not challenging enough to deserve comment.  It's largely a case of the top row heroes getting 'B's and the bottom row getting 'A's, so we'll leave it at that and move on to iron mode.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - B
  • Mortemis - B
  • Tramin - B
  • Jigou - B
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...