Thursday, June 29, 2023

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Original World Iron

Since it's an iron mode, I guess it's not terribly surprising we're going out with a whimper instead of a bang for the new DLC.  There is a surprise here, as our towers are limited to level 2 upgrades, which is shocking.  However, it doesn't up the challenge, as we simply can spam Elite Harassers to take care of everything.  As such it's really not a challenge for our heroes.  I did debate whether to give Veruk and Oloch 'B's, as it was slightly more work with them than with other heroes.  It's always hard on these easy maps distinguishing whether it's an 'A' vs 'B' or and 'A+' vs 'A-' situation between the top and bottom heroes.  As a parting shot at this DLC though I'll go ahead and award everyone 'A's.

With the DLC done, it's now time to replay the entire game with Grosh.  I can't say I'm looking forward to it, either.  I've played with him a little, and he seems powerful enough that I expect him to do well.  I doubt he'll challenge the dragons for the top spots, but I definitely expect him to be mid- to upper-tier.  I'm going to take a unique step with him, though.  Normally I level all heroes up to 10 before using them in an Impossible Hero Challenge.  However, I just can't find the motivation to spend several maps getting him leveled up, only to then go back and start the whole game over.  Since two of his abilities are on-death abilities (why???), and I'm not too worried about him dying to Dwarven Bruisers, I'm just going to go ahead and start his challenge at level 5 and level him up as I go.  I really don't expect it to alter my perception of him.

Kingdom Rush Vengeance Impossible Hero Challenge - The Original World Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...