Monday, September 30, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Campaign

At long last we have grades!  Not terribly exciting ones, unfortunately, and I've been preparing myself that this is how things would get started.  I had to give Raelyn and Torres 'B's for this one.  Earning an 'A' doesn't necessarily mean completely dominating a map, but it does mean there needs to be a certain smoothness to completing it with that hero.  It shouldn't require too much effort on the hero's part (and there is a bit of a bell curve here that's dependent on the overall difficulty of the map) and there shouldn't be any moments where things really get dicey.  Unfortunately I just couldn't quite say that for these two heroes, and as I said, I've been expecting it.

Raelyn and Torres are primarily geared towards tanking.  Raelyn is especially so, and it's really her only skill - even her hero spell just calls up another tank that's comparable to her.  I believe the intention with Torres was to be a bit of a jack of all trades - decent tanking, stalling, and DPS ability.  Unfortunately he definitely came out a undertuned, and his DPS is bad enough tanking and stalling are really all he's good for.

Unfortunately this map asks a little more of the heroes than simple tanking.  There are no major enemies to tank, first of all (unless you let some Priests turn into Abominations), and the waves are much more mob-oriented.  And while both of them have some AoE-related capabilities, it's not quite enough here.  And of course their slow as molasses movement speeds are quite a hindrance when you're trying to move them back and forth to deal with the Taskmasters so you can free the elves.

As I said, I'd been expecting Raelyn and/or Torres to pick up the first 'B'.  Who will be third?  My guess right now is either Grimson or Nyru, but we'll see.  I'm not sure if we'll see grades in the heroic mode, but I'm hopeful we'll at least start to have grades in campaign mode from here on out.

Final Grades

  • Vesper - A
  • Raelyn - B
  • Nyru - A
  • Torres - B
  • Anya - A
  • Grimson - A
  • Broden - A
  • Therien - A
  • Onagro - A
  • Warhead - A
  • Lumenir - A
  • Kosmyr - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...