Tuesday, July 21, 2020

So they made a hard mode...

Well, to be fair there already was a hard mode, but, years after the fact, Ironhide Game Studio decided to go back and add a new veteran-level difficulty to the original Kingdom Rush game.  Now my goal in every game I play is to 100% it, so nothing is more frustrating than getting an update for an old game that I've already 100% that means I have to go back and do even more.  But I do love this game, so it was fun to go back and play it again.

Not to brag, but I didn't find the new difficulty level that much more challenging, and I was even able to find some new, easier strategies for some of the maps.  The one exception was Nightfang Swale on iron mode [shudder].  That one was already difficulty in hard mode, but veteran nearly made me pull my hair out.  I also discovered what a terrific hero Ignus is, and wish I had known that originally.  In any case, here is my playlist for the veteran mode walkthrough:

Kingdom Rush Veteran Walkthrough

Doing this series got me infected with the tower defense bug again, so after this I'll be doing a series for Kingdom Rush Frontiers.  After that I promise I'll finish up my Baldur's Gate walkthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...