Thursday, September 10, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Gray Ravens Campaign

I have a feeling I'm going to regret starting this before I'm done, but given how much I've enjoyed Kingdom Rush Origins, I had this idea for a new playlist (or rather, a set of playlists).  The question is - is every hero good enough to take on Impossible mode?  In my Impossible mode playlist I obviously chose the hero best suited for the map which made it easiest to complete, but can any hero get the job done?  That's what this series will attempt to answer.  I will do every map - campaign, heroic, and iron - with every hero.

For each map I will rank each hero on an A-F scale for how well they do.  Here's what the grades mean:

  • A - An ideal hero to take on the map
  • B - The hero can get the job done, but they're a sub-optimal choice
  • C - You can win the map with this hero, but it's going to be hard and painful
  • D - You're only going to win with this hero with really good RNG
  • F - I was not able to complete the map with this hero

I really hope I'll be able to figure out how to do each map with each hero so that I don't have to hand out any Fs, but given my experience already in my Impossible difficulty walkthrough I have a feeling that's not going to pan out.

We start over at the beginning in Gray Ravens campaign mode.  As this map is so easy, every hero gets an A here, and there's nothing really to comment on.  Honestly you don't even need a hero to complete it, even on Impossible difficulty, but we start here anyway for completeness' sake.

Completing this is going to take a very long time, and I'm not going to hold up other videos (like getting back to Baldur's Gate) while seeing it to completion.  So expect me to finally get back to BG sometime soon.  Oh, and Kingdom Rush Vengeance will be on Steam soon...

Kingdom Rush Origins Impossible Hero Challenge - Gray Ravens Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...