Monday, October 12, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Gryphon Point Campaign

I considered giving everyone an A for this map, as no one is really a bad choice for it, but I decided I did want to distinguish the good from the excellent, so some Bs were handed out.  However, it's really more like the difference between an A and an A+, but I said I wasn't going to get into pluses and minuses and over-complicate this.

I did change one thing about my methodology on this map based on my experience with the last map.  Previously I had been working through the heroes in the order they appear on the hero screen - Eridan, Arivan, Catha, etc.  I'm now going to work in reverse order, starting with Faustus and working backwards.  That way when I get to the last (and weakest) heroes, I have the most experience with the map and am more likely to be able to pull them through.  It made no difference at all on this map, but there are some very hard ones later where I suspect that it will.

Impressions

Nothing really to say since it was an easy map, but I did learn something new - Catha's Faery Dust ability does in fact work on bosses.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - B
  • Prince Denas - A
  • Razz and Rags - B
  • Bravebark - A
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - B
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - B
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

No one truly stood out above the others on this map (even Wilbur!), so I'm going to call it an seven-way tie between all the A-grade heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...