Friday, October 23, 2020

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Rockhenge Iron

Finally a challenge again!  This is one of those maps that is pretty hard until you figure out the exact right build strategy.  Iron modes that don't allow melee towers often fall into this category, as you have to decide if it's better to spread DPS across the whole map or still try to put together a pseudo-choke point.  But once I found the right build, the map was manageable, if still intense.

Impressions

There's not a terrible lot to say about performances.  Razz and Rags pull in the only C here.  There just weren't enough opportunities to put Changeling to good use on this map.  A couple of other B heroes were borderline, but ultimately I guess I was in a generous mood.

I was a little surprised at Reg'son's B, as I was afraid he might slip into C territory, but even though his kit is not at all designed for swarm maps like this, he still handled things pretty well.  On the other hand, I was a little surprised to have to give Prince Denas a B, as I thought he would be A material.  It might have been bad RNG or just some misplays on my part.

I was really surprised to give Xin an A.  I've learned from past experience not to underestimate him, even though I still don't understand how he performs as well as he does, but I really didn't think he could rise above a B on this map just due to the mismatch between it and his kit.  But once again he surprises.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - A
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - B
  • Prince Denas - B
  • Razz and Rags - C
  • Bravebark - A
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - A
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - B
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Like the campaign mode, this map is a Phoenix specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...