Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Dwaraman Gates Iron

This is mostly another "puzzle" map, where winning means finding the exact right build order.  Once that's done it's fairly easy to execute on, which is reflected in the grades.  It's not my favorite kind of map as I've mentioned before, just because I don't like maps where I feel there is only one "right" solution.  I also don't like this one because it requires a great deal of micromanagement (and a decent dose of RNG) to handle the Webspitter spiders, making sure they don't just web their way right through your defenses.  I think they're my second least favorite enemy in the game after Ogre Magi.

Impressions

As mentioned, with the right build it's not too difficult, which is reflected in the generous distribution of 'A's and 'B's.  Prince Denas and Razz and Rags earn the only 'C's - this map has just been brutal on them in general, and their overall GPAs are taking a beating lately.  While Razz had already pretty much clinched the lowest spot in our rankings as of the last report card, I'm afraid Denas is going to plummet compared to previously in the final rankings.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - A
  • Prince Denas - C
  • Razz and Rags - C
  • Bravebark - A
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - B
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - A
  • Bruce - A
  • Lilith - A
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Wilbur and Phoenix again take the top spot, but I'm letting Durax join them in a three-way tie this time.  Of course Crystallites is great when you have multiple exit lanes to cover, but I really didn't even have to spread them out.  I just sent all the clones to the current hotspot and he absolutely destroyed the Webspitter Spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...