Monday, April 5, 2021

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Tainted Pit Heroic

So there's an interesting story behind this one.  You may notice in my videos that I play very aggressively, calling every wave immediately.  This obviously makes it a lot harder than it might have been otherwise, but there's a reason I did it that way.

When I started heroic mode, I decided to start with Razz and Rags to avoid getting bitten by the problem I had in campaign mode.  As I was playing through with Razz, I found myself having to call every wave early to refresh my cooldowns to save my butt.  In the end it turned out to be not so bad doing it with Razz (he ended up with a 'B'), but now I had set the precedent in his video of calling every wave early, and I felt compelled to do the same for every other hero as well to make it all comparable.

In the end it made things a bit harder, but not terribly so.  I decided to go all-in on a barracks only solution, going with two Bladesingers and Forest Keepers.  It worked out, and was about as much harder than campaign mode as any heroic mode is.

Impressions

Due to the similarities in wave composition and my strategy there were few changes in the grades over campaign mode.  I dropped Bravebark, Xin, and Bruce a letter grade as the increased difficulty showed on them, while Razz and Rags surprisingly went up from a 'C' to a 'B'.  Changeling proved very valuable for stalling large groups of enemies until I could get Thunderbolt off cooldown.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - C
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - A
  • Prince Denas - C
  • Razz and Rags - B
  • Bravebark - B
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - C
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - B
  • Lynn - A
  • Bruce - C
  • Lilith - B
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Phoenix gets the solo Best Choice this time around.  Reg'son still does very well here and got an 'A', but being shorter than campaign mode Vindicator wasn't quite the gamechanger it is in campaign mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...