Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Kingdom Rush Origins (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Tainted Pit Iron

It feels like it's been a very long time since I had an honest to goodness break, but I finally got one in this map.  It's really just more of the same as campaign and heroic, but not nearly as hard.  I stuck with my strategy of two Bladesinger Halls dishing out AoE true damage and it got the job done pretty well, lava balls notwithstanding.  It's not quite a self-working map, but the Bladesingers do 90% of the work, so the hero just has to contribute a little to keep things under control, meaning the choice of hero doesn't matter too much.

Impressions

As it was an easy map it's all 'A's and 'B's here.  There's not too many surprises in who got what grade, but I did actually give Razz and Rags an 'A' here - his first since Arcane Quarters iron, so it's definitely been a while.  Now it was one of those that was straddling the line between a 'B+' and an 'A-', but I was feeling generous, and after all it's not like he's probably going to get any more 'A's from here on out, so I threw him a bone.  Speaking of generosity, Eridan was straddling the line between a 'C' and a 'B', but I felt bad giving him the only 'C' of the group, so he gets a 'B' to not get singled out with the dunce cap.

Final Grades

  • Eridan - B
  • Arivan - B
  • Catha - B
  • Reg'son - A
  • Prince Denas - B
  • Razz and Rags - A
  • Bravebark - B
  • Vez'nan - A
  • Xin - B
  • Phoenix - A
  • Durax - A
  • Lynn - B
  • Bruce - B
  • Lilith - A
  • Wilbur - A
  • Faustus - A

Best Choice

Phoenix takes the solo award again for reasons that should be clear given how largely similar all three modes were for this map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...