Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Jokull's Nest Campaign

So I feel like I'm in awkward place with this Impossible Hero Challenge.  The maps are getting tougher, to be sure, and this one did have a decent challenge.  However, the challenge still is more in finding the right build that works for everyone versus really challenging the heroes.  I'm having a lot of trouble deciding when to start actually giving grades.  It's not that I can't tell a difference between the heroes - there's a world of difference between Veruk and Eiskalt, of course - but it's more distinguishing whether their performances are an 'A+' versus an 'A-' compared to an 'A' versus a 'B'.

I don't think I've talked about it yet in this series, but here were my original interpretations of the grades:

  • A - an ideal hero to take on the map with
  • B - the hero can get the job done, but they're subpar compared to 'A' heroes
  • C - you can win with this hero, but it's going to be hard and painful
  • D - you're only going to win with this hero with really good RNG
  • F - I wasn't able to complete the map with the hero
Fortunately I never had to hand out any 'F's in my Impossible Hero Challenge for Kingdom Rush Origins, and I certainly don't expect to in this game.  I'm honestly doubting whether I'll even have to hand out any 'D's.

To go back to my example, of course I had more trouble doing this map with Veruk than Eiskalt, but does it mean Veruk deserves a 'B'?  Or is he still technically an ideal hero to take on the map with, just not quite as ideal as Eiskalt?  For now I've decided to still give everyone an 'A', as while I did have to work for a good while to find the right build order, in the end it worked out well for all the heroes.  As we get into the third phase of the game I'll be scrutinizing things a lot more closely, as I'm really ready to start ranking these heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...