Friday, March 18, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Back to the Rotten Forest Campaign

So interesting story - when I finished the Subaquatic Menace mini-campaign, I got it in my mind that the Cursed Bargain mini-campaign was next (based on the level numbering).  Of course it is not, and Frozen Nightmare comes next, followed by Cursed Bargain.  Thus I started on this map after Pond of the Sage iron, and it wasn't until most of the recordings were finished that I realized my mistake.  It doesn't make any material difference, of course, but if you look at the world map at the beginning of each video you can see that none of the Frozen Nightmare maps have been finished yet, even though this post is coming after all of those maps.

The other part of the story is that I didn't write down any grades from when I made the recordings.  All I really remember is that this map was an absolute beast for Oloch and Mortemis because of the magic-resistant enemies and I would have given them 'C's, while all other heroes were either 'A's or 'B's.

This map was really hard, and not in the fun way unfortunately.  I wish I had a better handle on what makes the difference between fun hard and frustrating hard in these games, but this one definitely falls into the latter category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...