Friday, March 18, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Frozen Throne Iron

I will say it took me quite a while to figure out the build for this map.  That probably seems surprising given it's an iron mode, which are usually quite easy to figure out as I've talked about before.  But they cranked up the difficulty for this one, and minor differences in your build can lead to wildly different outcomes.  It took a while to figure out that the trolls were sufficient for the right path but Dark Knights were needed for the left.  I also spent a lot of time thinking I needed to upgrade my Dark Knights so they could better handle the Winter Lords, but the key was actually not upgrading them and investing in more DPS.

A crucially important details turns out to be using trolls to block the Draugr coming from the left towards the end of the map.  At this point the build is sufficient to take out the Winter Lords by themselves, but if Draugr start getting into the mix it dilutes your DPS too much - especially given that Bone Flingers target random enemies.  That's also why I build a Bone Flinger just before this point in the upper middle - to help stem the tide of Draugr coming from the upper right so it doesn't overwhelm my right chokepoint.

Impressions

It was a beast to figure out, but once you've got the right build strategy the rest just falls into place and any hero can manage just fine here (this seems to be the story of KRV).  I did give Veruk, Asra, and Oloch 'B's though, as their lower DPS did make me have to work slightly harder with them.  Everyone else aces this map.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - A
  • Mortemis - A
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - A
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...