Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Dragon's Power Iron

Here we are at last - the very last map for this challenge.  And I must say I'm disappointed that we're going out on a whimper instead of a bang.  It's the same old stuff that's been recycled for three maps in all three modes now, and it just doesn't present much of a challenge.  The middle section is just outright boring, as you trivially stop a wave of Mogwai while waiting for a bunch of High Sorcerers to walk ever so slowly to the magic pots that will kill them.  As with most of the iron modes in the game, the tower usage and placement is pretty darn obvious, so there's no challenge there.

So where do we go from here?  Well, we're not done yet.  The newest elite campaign also added a new hero, Dianyun, so now I get to level him to 10 and do every map in the game again with him.  Every.  Map.  In.  The.  Game.  I need to go cry a little now.  Once I finish that I'll do a final report card and retrospective as I did with Origins, and I can't wait, as I'm very much over this game at this point.

Impressions


It's not a hard map, so it's mostly 'A's all around.  Asra gets a somewhat rare 'A', as her Spider Bite ability allows you to kill the High Sorcerers without the magic pots, granting more money to get your build up faster.  Veruk gets a 'B' because he's Veruk, and I'm not sure if Oloch truly deserved a 'C' for this map, but I consider it my parting shot to a lousy hero who ruined my no-'F' streak.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - A
  • Oloch - C
  • Margosa - A
  • Mortemis - A
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - A
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...