Thursday, August 18, 2022

Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Lost Jungle Campaign

Again we have another example of how Vengeance just missed the fun.  This is an all-'A' map again.  In fact, it's one of those where you can more or less retire your hero and reinforcements in the latter part of the map.  However, it's still immense fun, even if trivial, which is something I could never say about Vengeance's trivial maps.

The intensity here is extreme - waves and waves of savages augmented with Poukai Riders and Gorillons.  It seems like the kind of enemy composition that should blow right through the toughest defense.  But the new tower available in this level - Necromancers - makes all the difference.  A single Necromancer tower in range of our DWAARPs ensure that all those savages get converted into skeleton blockers for us.  These in turn stall the Poukai Riders and Gorillons sufficiently for the towers to kill them.

I actually experimented with changing up my build slightly after the first few heroes.  Things were going just fine, but I felt they could be better.  I ended up moving my Necromancer tower up and to the left slightly, and changed the order and placement of the Crossbow Forts as well.  Things were already good but this just made them great.

So no grades here, but I'm excited that things keep ramping up and am looking forward to the next several maps, as I recall really enjoying them last time I played.

Kingdom Rush Frontiers Impossible Hero Challenge - Lost Jungle Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...