Thursday, September 29, 2022

Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Beresad's Lair Heroic

In a surprising breath of fresh air we get to take a break from Mecha spam for once.  I initially tried an all-Mecha solution for this map, and while it worked, it wasn't nearly as reliable as I liked.  Things could get out of hand fairly easily, and Wasp Missiles would spend all their time chasing down leaks - which means they're not hitting enemies at your chokepoint, which just leads to more leaks, etc.

So I backtracked and found that an initial DWAARP worked better to deal with the normal mobs, then added archers at the ends of either paths to deal with both flying enemies and leaks.  From there we can add Mechas as normal to do the rest of the work and everything works much better.

So a little bit of build strategy is required, but it's still an all-'A' map for the heroes.  I'm disappointed that the further we get along in the campaign the easier it's getting.  I didn't quite remember it this way from when I did my walkthrough series a few years ago.  Well, we know the elite campaigns will be a challenge for sure if nothing else.

Kingdom Rush Frontiers Impossible Hero Challenge - Beresad's Lair Heroic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...