Thursday, October 13, 2022

Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Dark Descent Iron

As I've mentioned in the past, it's been a long time since I last played Frontiers significantly (two years, according to my YouTube channel), so I've forgotten a lot about it in the meantime.  One of the things I had forgotten is that the game is geared far more towards build strategy and micro than heroes.  It's taken a bit to get used to this, as I started my Impossible Hero Challenge series with Origins, where your hero makes a huge difference in your overall performance.  All that to say that we yet again have a map where it's all about build strategy and micro (placement of reinforcements and Rain of Fire use), and the heroes just don't make enough of a difference to warrant grades.  Thankfully we're nearly done with the main campaign, and I know that the elite bonus campaigns have a severe spike in difficulty, so hopefully we'll have some grade-worthy maps there.

Kingdom Rush Frontiers Impossible Hero Challenge - The Dark Descent Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...