Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Holiday Update

My long term readers (ha, I kill myself!) will have probably noticed that I've been off my usual release cadence.  While my Skyrim videos are still going out as usual, my Kingdom Rush Frontiers series has missed a few days.  That's because I got way ahead in my Skyrim series and have videos queued up through mid-December right now.  That's easy to do with Skyrim, since I try to keep each video in the 30-60 minute range, so I can crank out a week's worth of content in a pretty short time.  However with Kingdom Rush videos it's anywhere from 2-4 hours of video for a release (16 heroes times the average time to complete the map, which can range anywhere from 7 to 17 minutes depending on the mode).

I'm not burned out on my Frontiers series, but when all I'm playing is Frontiers and Skyrim back to back, I do get a little tired every now and then and need to take a little break.  So that's what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks and anticipate I will be doing through the holidays.

I've gotten back into Vampire Survivors a lot lately.  I got into the game pretty early on and loved it.  A few months ago though - about the time the Cappella Magna stage came out, I think - I just got burned out.  I'd been playing for months, but I got tired of new releases coming out every two or three weeks and having to chase all the new achievements and unlocks.  So I decided to put it on the shelf until version 1.0 released, which it did recently.  I've gotten back into it and 100% it all over again.  I'm debating whether I'm going to release any videos for it, but I think I might.

I also bought and have been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  This is a new game to me, but one I've always wanted to try.  I do plan on doing a walkthrough video for it, but I have quite a ways to go.  I'm just about to finish the campaign on normal.  After that I need to go back and find the last few secrets I've missed, then master the game so I can complete it on the hard difficulty, which is of course what I will do videos for.  I'm not expecting to get to that point for a few months though.

And finally I've been playing Borderlands 2 more lately.  As I said in my Road Ahead post ages ago, I have no plans to ever do content for it, but I'm still working on 100% it still after all these years.  Of course I beat the game when it first came out, but there's just so much to do for 100% - getting 6 characters to OP10, completing all challenges, grinding for all the needed weapons, etc.  It's something I jump in and out of when I need a break from something else and needs some FPS action.

So bottom line I'm still working on my Frontiers series, but I'm just taking the pressure off myself for the moment of doing two releases a week every week.  Come the new year I expect I'll be back to the normal rhythm, as I am excited to finish the series and move on to some other things.

2 comments:

  1. You have a long term reader here! Or at least, one that reads every post you make in your Impossible Hero Challenge series. Hope you had nice holidays, and i'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following the blog and my channel! It's nice to know I'm not just shouting into the void :). My Kingdom Rush videos should be back on schedule now.

      Delete

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...