Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Sape Oasis Campaign

I'm happy to say map #2 of the DLC turns out to be my favorite map in quite a while.  We get a pretty decent challenge here - at least figuring out the right build was challenging.  My first time recording I got all the way to Eiskalt before I realized the optimal strategy was to just overload the map (and Mirage) with Skeleton Warriors coming out of Bone Flinger towers.  Before that I was using another Melting Furnace and trying to boost towers with Abrasive Heat.

The Genies and Flying Carpets are well-designed enemies - dangerous, but with weaknesses that can be exploited.  Both can be effectively stalled in a kill zone by making sure a steady stream of fodder (reinforcements plus Skeleton Warriors in this case) keeps approaching them.  The Nomads are a little cheap but only dangerous in large numbers.

Impressions

Grades are pretty good here, with the usual suspects plus Margosa and Jigou taking the only 'B's.  The top end heroes are powerful enough that you can forgo the Got Milk? upgrade on the second and third Bone Flingers, meaning you can get Skeleton Warriors up that much faster.

I've said before I decided not to do a Best Choice award in this series since it would always be Eiskalt, but I need to do a special shout-out to Dianyun for this map.  Dianyun dominated this map so hard he completely broke it.  His gold generation ability helps get Skeleton Warriors going that much faster, so much so that by the end of the map he had enemies completely stopped up at the map entrance in the upper right, killing them as fast as they appeared.  Then when the Mirage fight started I managed to have four Dragon Totems already in place around her, which took her down terrifyingly fast.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - B
  • Mortemis - A
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - B
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Grosh - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...