Thursday, March 14, 2024

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Lost Empire Heroic

Heroic mode this time around falls on the "challenging, but not particularly fun" end of the spectrum.  As always Djinns play the role of spoiler, rendering your carefully built chokepoint null and void by eliminating your blockers, so we go the easy route and just build Shadow Archers with insta-kills to deal with them.  From there it's just a matter of holding the line against waves of Assassins, which forms a decent challenge but is mostly an exercise in endurance.

Normally I like to try to find solutions to maps where I can insta-call every new wave, but I just didn't have it in me this time to work it out for the low end heroes.  After the slog that was campaign mode, I was ready just to finish this map and move on, so generally only the bottom row heroes call each new wave immediately.

Impressions

For grading on this map I decided to only hand out 'A's to heroes where I could insta-call the waves.  That's a little misleading, as the experiences for Jun'pai and Eiskalt were quite different even though they both have 'A's.  Still, not surprisingly it's a case of our bottom row heroes getting those coveted 'A's, with the lone exception of Grosh.  With no ranged attack to help with the Magic Carpets I wasn't able to call wave 5 immediately, which sadly knocked him down to a 'B'.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - C
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - C
  • Margosa - B
  • Mortemis - B
  • Tramin - B
  • Jigou - B
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A
  • Grosh - B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...