Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Lost Empire Iron

It's not often that a trivial all-'A' map falls into the fun category, but we have a unicorn map here that does.  It's one of those rare instances where Ironhide does something unique and interesting with an iron mode leaving a memorable experience.  The trick here really has nothing to do with the towers (although you do technically do need a couple), instead the real strategy to this map is to start spawning mummies - even before you start the map - and then never stop until you win.  A couple of properly placed Goblin Zeppelins and your hero then can take care of the endless hordes.

Even after I figured out the trick and was getting easy wins with the bottom tier heroes, I still found myself enjoying the process.  Once I got to the better heroes it became a game of optimizing the process and seeing how far back I could push the enemies - even all the way to their spawn points.  It's very reminiscent of the solution I used on Sape Oasis, flooding the map with Skeleton Warriors.  Anyways, it was a fun experience, especially after the slog of campaign and heroic modes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...