Thursday, April 4, 2024

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Grand Arena Heroic

Heroic mode is pretty easy here, which is fine with me after the workout that campaign mode was.  It's mostly a matter of going all-in with Spectral Mausoleums to take down the War Elephants, with a couple of Twilight Harassers thrown in to help take out Eagles and Flying Carpets.  Besides that it's just an exercise in taking out the other mobs with your heroes so the Mausoleums can focus on the Elephants as much as possible.  

Impressions

Absolutely nothing shocking about the grades this time.  It's 'B's down the top row until we get to Beresad, and then it's 'A's the rest of the way.  I know I've said before that I didn't want to get into '+' and '-' modifiers on the grades, but I'm really regretting that I didn't do it for this series.  In Origins the heroes sorted themselves pretty well into grade tiers on a regular basis, so it felt superfluous - distinguishing between an 'A' by Durax and an 'A+' by Wilbur felt unnecessary when there were plenty of 'B's and 'C's on a regular basis.  But since Vengeance is so much easier I wish I had done it to better differentiate the heroes.  I would have given Jun'pai an 'A-' for instance, while Eiskalt was definitely an 'A+', and the distinction would actually mean something.  Alas, it's a bit too late to start on the penultimate entry for this entire series.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - B
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - B
  • Mortemis - B
  • Tramin - B
  • Jigou - B
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A
  • Grosh - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...