Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - The Grand Arena Iron

Well here we are at last at the end of another Impossible Hero Challenge, and I'm certainly glad that it's over.  Although this was a pretty good DLC, I do feel that Vengeance overstayed it's welcome a bit.  It just wasn't quite good enough a game to justify 36 maps in the final tally, but I guess Ironhide has been trying to tide us over until Alliance releases.

As for this map, it was fun, if easy.  The Wicked Sisters get the job done pretty easily if you change them to their higher damage stunning attack (which is always the better option by default unless they're facing magic-resistant enemies).  There's a good bit of micro needed though - upgrading the rally range and then moving the Sisters around the map to where they're currently needed.  The heroes get a decent workout as well, dancing between lanes constantly until the very end.  It demands a lot of action and careful allocation of resources without being really all that difficult, which makes it an enjoyable way to wrap up this series.

Impressions

It's all 'A's here with the lone exception of Oloch - leave it to him to screw up the average, of course.  Having completed Impossible Hero Challenge series now for Frontiers, Origins, and now Vengeance, I can firmly and confidently state that Oloch is the worst hero across all three games hands down, and I will absolutely die on this hill.  He is an utterly trash hero whose DPS is awful, is slow as molasses, is made of paper, and whose hero spell is nearly worthless.  In case I'm not being clear, I absolutely hate Oloch with a fiery, burning passion.

Now I do my best not to let that hatred influence his grades.  I gave him an 'A' on Sape Oasis iron - a pretty difficult map in this DLC - because he deserved it.  Still, I consider it my parting shot to make him wear the dunce hat in the very final entry of this series.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - A
  • Asra - A
  • Oloch - B
  • Margosa - A
  • Mortemis - A
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - A
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A
  • Grosh - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legends of Kingdom Rush Hero Challenge - Asra, Sylvan Elf, and Barbarian

Just like I did Impossible Hero Challenges for all the tower defense Kingdom Rush games, I want to do the same for Legends of Kingdom Rush, ...