Monday, September 9, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 5. Ravaged Outskirts Campaign

Another campaign mode down, and while there are no grades for it again, like Emerald Treetops I at least feel like the map made me work for it.  You hero does need to lane dance between exits to support both choke points for most of the map, and you'll need to intelligently place reinforcements depending on how much heat is coming in to each one.  It's not hard by any means, but at least there is a little bit of thought and effort required.

We bust out the Rocket Gunners and Eldritch Channeler to take care of this one.  The Gunners are going to become my go-to physical damage tower for these challenges.  I've been working on my spreadsheet for the game, and while technically the Ballista Outpost has slightly better gold efficiency, its special abilities are largely stinkers compared to the awesome special abilities of the Gunners - one of which is a very useful AoE.  And while I haven't finished all the magic towers just yet, the Channelers' awesomeness is patently obvious once you've used them a bit, so we throw them in to deal with the high armor enemies.

I don't have much hope for heroic or iron mode after what I've seen so far, so I'm placing my hopes that the boss level will provide us some grade-worthy challenge.

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 5. Ravaged Outskirts Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...