Friday, September 13, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 5. Ravaged Outskirts Iron

It's one thing for an iron mode to be trivial.  It's another for it to have the ill grace to be boring as well.  That's the sin unfortunately committed by this level.  We get two towers - Paladins and Arcane Wizards.  What else is there to possibly do except put a couple of Paladins at each exit, then spam Arcane Wizards as much as possible?  Well, actually there is something they could have done.  They could have arranged the mobs so that you needed to rely on the Wizards' Disintegrate ability - probably on the Rhinos - in some way.  That would at least have given us a map requiring a little bit of thought.  Instead, we get a thoroughly trivial map that takes a tooth-grindingly tedious 9 minutes to get through.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this game and the Kingdom Rush franchise.  But as I said in my post on Legends of Kingdom Rush, I'm hardest on the games I love because I so desperately want them to be better.  Anyway, here's hoping we encounter something interesting in the first boss level.

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 5. Ravaged Outskirts Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...