Monday, September 16, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 6. The Wildebeast Den Campaign

Sadly there are no grades to be had here like I had been hoping, and of course I'm not holding out hope we'll find them in heroic or iron mode either.  Still, this level is an exercise in contrast.  Whereas I ranted about the previous iron mode being boring and tedious to play, I really enjoyed this level, even though it's similarly easy.  Why the difference?  I'm not sure I can explain completely, but part of it is just player choice.  In the iron mode we spammed Arcane Wizards because that was literally the only thing we could do.  Here there is a little bit of thought required to put together a build plan of diverse towers that can handle the different kinds of enemies - hordes of small mobs, flying mobs, and of course the big boy mobs.  Levels like this feel like putting together a well-designed machine.  Playing the level then feels like watching it run, and there's something immensely satisfying about that.  As Hannibal would say, "I love it when a plan comes together."

We'll keep going in the hope of finding grades in act 2.  In the meantime here's the playlist:

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 6. The Wildebeast Den Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...