Monday, October 10, 2022

Kingdom Rush Vengeance (Steam) Impossible Hero Challenge - Excavation Gateway Campaign

I try to get out, and they pull me back in.  I was quite happy to be done with Vengeance for good after redoing the entire game with Dianyun, but then what drops out of nowhere?  Ironhide decides to add a fourth elite campaign and a new hero!  Now not only do I have to do these three new maps, but I have to replay the entire game again.  My only hope is that the new hero, Grosh, is powerful like Dianyun and can faceroll everything.

But that's all in the future.  Right now I'm just focusing on completing the new levels with the existing heroes, since Grosh doesn't unlock until the last map.  Here we have the first campaign mode, and it was decently challenging for our low-tier heroes.

Impressions

The only real strugglers here were Oloch and Asra.  Of the new enemies, the Prehistoric Dwarves seem like a big threat but really aren't.  It's the velociraptors that really put the pressure on your chokepoint.  Their high speed, high damage, and ability to multiply can cause things to go quagmire pretty quickly - at least for the low-end heroes.  It was only Oloch and Asra who struggled here, due to their low DPS and lack of real blocking ability.  Asra is not so bad and just earns a 'B' for requiring a bit more effort to get the win, and Oloch takes a 'C' for being overall garbage.  Everyone else handles things just fine.

Final Grades

  • Veruk - A
  • Asra - B
  • Oloch - C
  • Margosa - A
  • Mortemis - A
  • Tramin - A
  • Jigou - A
  • Beresad - A
  • Doom Tank SG-11 - A
  • Jun'pai - A
  • Eiskalt - A
  • Murglun - A
  • Dianyun - A
  • Jack O'Lantern - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...