Monday, September 2, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 4. Emerald Treetops Campaign

We're finally starting to make some progress with this map.  No, there are no grades for this one, but it's the first time I at least felt like I actually had to work slightly, as opposed to just throwing any old towers out there and they work as they do on the first three maps.  Your choke point composition on this one does need a bit of thought, otherwise you can get overrun by the enemies in the final waves, but it's nothing that the application of a little AoE can't handle.

Also, as I said all the heroes earn 'A's here, but at the same time this was the first map where I felt like I could really start to feel the difference in power levels between the heroes.  Sure, Torres can take care of the level no problem, but Kosmyr didn't even let any enemies get to the choke point until wave 7.  Now I didn't have to be so aggressive with the heroes to win - I could have let all of them hang back at the choke point - but it felt good to exercise them and see what they could really do.  I'm also appreciating the fact that almost every hero feels fun to use.  At the very least none of them feel like a chore to get through like some of the heroes in Vengeance did.

So my hopes are high that we're not far away from grades at this point.  Certainly I expect to have them by the first boss level, but we'll see.

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 4. Emerald Treetops Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...