Friday, September 20, 2024

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 6. The Wildebeast Den Iron

We have another trivial iron mode, sadly, and this one straddles the line between still being fun versus just being tedious.  In all honesty the best build is probably just going all in with Royal Archers and ignoring Demon Pits, but if I had done that there's no question this one would have slipped into tedious territory.  Demon Pits are at least a fun tower to use - the animations are brilliant and it's fun watching demons blow up and stun enemies.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any premium towers in iron challenges yet, but we'll see what act 2 brings.

Speaking of acts, we've now obviously completed act 1, and I must say I'm feeling somewhat disappointed.  In my review I put that my initial impression of the game was that they had addressed some of the difficulty and pacing issues of Vengeance based on my experience doing my Veteran walkthrough, which of course was starting with level 1 heroes and no upgrades.  While I do feel the pacing of this game is better (although some of these heroic and iron modes do overstay their welcome in terms of length), as of now in this challenge I'm not feeling like they really have upped the difficulty now that I'm on Impossible with level 10 heroes.  I'm still reserving final judgment, as we do have two more acts to get through, and I desperately hope I'm wrong.

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 6. The Wildebeast Den Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kingdom Rush Alliance Impossible Hero Challenge - 8. Carmine Mines Iron

I know I've complained about iron modes already in this series, but this one honestly made me mad.  Talk about a completely pointless wa...